I was starting to think about all the books that I have read throughout the year. I wasn’t sure on the total count. Most of my books were on my Kindle, and some I read as paperbacks. Then low and behold, I got an email from GoodReads and it told me I read a total of 27 books. It’s probably closer to 30 to 35. But who’s counting??
My shortest book was THE HAUNTED BREADBOX by Scott William Carter at 34 pages. Great fun ghost story. Worth the read! As are all of SWC’s books. They follow Myron Vale, who is a private eye, who can also see ghost. Only he can’t tell the living from the ghosts.
The longest book was THE BARKEEP by William Lashner at 468 pages. The books follows Justin Chase. Who’s pretty much the perfect barkeep, and he loves his job and his life. His father is serving a life sentence for the murder of Justin’s mother. Someone confesses, and Justin is out to find the truth. Someone will stop at nothing to get him to stop, even killing Justin. This book was non stop action and kept me on the edge of my seat the whole way through.
My most popular book read was SPLINTERED by A.G. Howard, and it was ready by OVER 75,600 people! A fresh take on ALICE IN WONDERLAND.
My least popular book was JOE COFFIN Season 2, and it was read by 1 other person. It was just recently released so I know that number will go up and up!! Season 1 & 2 follow main character Joe Coffin, as he goes on a vampire killing spree. Blood, gore, vampires, the mob and just pure entertainment FUN.
My average rating was 5 Stars.
It was hard to narrow my books down to my TOP 10 … but I did. With a couple honorable mentions.
TOP 10 BOOKS OF 2015
- FINDING JERICHO by Dave Jeffery
- JOE COFFIN (Seasons 1 & 2) by Ken Preston
- A COIN FOR CHARON by Dallas Mullican
- SALVAGE by Duncan Ralston
- UROBOROS SAGA (books 1 – 5) by Arthur Walker
- DARK TIDE RISING (Deep Black Sea 2) by David M. Salkin
- WOLF LAND by Jonathan Janz
- MONSTERLAND by Michael Phillip Cash
- THE BARKEEP by William Lashner
- MOONFALL SERIES (books 1 – 4) by A.G. Wyatt
MY HONORABLE MENTIONS OF 2015 (in no particular order)
- HEAVEN CALLING by Matt Shaw
- FOREVER HUNGER by David M. Salkin
- DEAD MEDIUM by Peter John
- THE LILITU (books 1) by Toby Tate
- GHOST DETECTIVE by Scott William Carter
I do hope, dear readers, you give these books a try if you haven’t already. You won’t be disappointed.
Here’s to an even better 2016 in books! Be on the lookout for new books by Dallas Mullican … THE DARK AGE (book 2 in his Marlowe Gentry series). WHAT THEY FIND IN THE WOODS by Gary Fry (always entertains with his words! Always spookishly delicious). UROBOROS SAGA Book 6 by Arthur Walker should be out soon. So many more !!!
Happy Reading !!